Adventures and exploits with yarn, knits, crochet and other crafts.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

New hat, plus some tragedy.

This hat is really pretty. It's Argyle Lace, it's lovely, the buttons are adorable, it fits me perfect. Just enough slouch, just enough shape. Beautiful, naturally white yarn. Merino. No serious errors. I love it.

I was feeling so good about stash-busting my yarn, I went through and picked out this yarn I had bought at Rogers in Ohio. Mohair and wool blend. I was doing the wraps per inch test, I had all my knitting magazines laying around because I was finding a pattern. I was getting close to choosing one, too.

Then, tragedy struck. I can't even explain it all over again, but suffice it to say, yarn is dead. Read about it here.

May it rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment