Adventures and exploits with yarn, knits, crochet and other crafts.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Clapotis 2

I realized I hadn't done a post about my second Clapotis, in which I used Noro Silk Garden.
Like I say in my project notes, I had 5 skeins of 1 dye lot, and 1 skein of another. Because I'm weird like that.

What I did to prevent it from seeming weird, was knit in the pattern with one full skein of the original dye lot, knit using a quarter of the odd-ball skein, then one full original dye lot, and so forth. I think it adds random spikes in the color that are pretty effective. At the very end, I used a tiny bit of yarn from my handwarmers I made out of Silk Garden. It's a weird collection of colors, but I like it. I had put in a lifeline, but figured, ah, what the hell? and I finished out with the old yarn (thank goodness I'm a yarn packrat). However, I would still suggest putting in a life line (I did for both Clapotises that I did) in case you're worried about running out of yarn. Since this is knit on the bias, it's a huge pain in the ass to try to figure out what the row looks like (they're crooked.) Ask me how I know this...

I wear this everywhere. It's a great summer shawl; bright colors, incorporates some of my old favorites plus some colors I usually avoid. Love it. It's warm, but not too warm.

Anyway, on to the photos!

This is my favorite way to wear this. I like the wrong side better. As you can see, I chose not to block this one. I like the waviness of it (actually, that's where the name of this pattern comes from, it's a French word which means wavey or something similar.)






Here she is in all her glory, very long and showing the range of colors. As you can see, it's long enough to just grab and wrap around my shoulders, or do the layering thing like I have above. Yay.


This is the right side of it. Also very pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment