Adventures and exploits with yarn, knits, crochet and other crafts.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Glasses chic hits knits?

There are few things more annoying to me than people who wear glasses without lenses or prescriptions because they look cool.Having a disability isn't something you can put on and take off to look hot or perpetuate some ridiculous stereotype about women in glasses being restrained and conservative--until the right guy comes along and they take it all off!!

Apparently that's the new thing for knitting though now too.

For example, I give you this, this, and this. That's just from fall's Knitscene. I would *maybe* believe the models wore glasses if they weren't so inauthentically posing with them in every photo. Classic sign of douchey glasses wearing. Vogue Knitting also got into the trend, but unfortunately I can't get the site to work now. Suffice it to say, it's annoying. (Rav link here)

I can't see when I wake up in the morning and I'm infinitely more susceptible to macular degeneration and blindness. My consolation is that my glasses are a cool design.

Myopia: So hot right now.Krista is not amused.

2 comments:

  1. I should say, I really like that Vogue cardigan, and Kate Gagnon does actually wear glasses, which makes her awesome.
    However, the photography is still lazy in all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about fake glasses.

    I've had glasses since third grade, asshole, so I've never had the luxury to choose "oh, today maybe I'll be hard of sight, because it matches my outfit so much better." The inordinate about of money that's been spent on my eyes makes me real sad.

    Maybe I should start wearing a hearing aid, because they are oh so chic right now.

    ReplyDelete